- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- California Consumer Privacy Act.
- CCPA Rights. The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) provides certain rights to consumers, including the following:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
These rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
If you are a California resident and a Merchant, Partner or Visitor, we only collect and process Personal Information about you as a result of your business dealings with us. This means that the consumer rights under the CCPA do not apply to you. If you are a California resident and a Shopper, ComputerLand only processes your personal information as a service provider acting on behalf of a Merchant. You should contact the Merchant to exercise any rights under the CCPA.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.